- The water supply lines need to be €œflushed out€ prior to installation. This will avoid any foreign materials blocking the flow regulator and reducing the flow of water.
- Cut the pipe with a pipe cutter, leaving room to fit the stop valve. Be sure to leave sufficient piping on both ends of the pipe.
- Connect the water supply to the mixer tails of the main body€™s connector.
- Push the cover plate with washer over the main body, firmly against the surface.
- Put on the handle and tighten the screw.
- Put on hot or cold indicator in the centre of the handle.
Your quality Triumph Taps products are covered by a 12 year guarantee. This guarantee covers all manufacturing defects. Normal wear and tear is however not covered under the guarantee. Kindly note that the guarantee may be rendered null & void should the products not be installed by a registered plumber. Proof of purchase must be retained for guarantee purposes.
All Triumph Taps single lever mixers have been tested to a maximum of 800kPa (8bar), yet we recommend average house hold water supply (600kPa/ 6bar) to be used to extend the life of the fittings. Should the above recommend operating pressure be higher than usual, a PRV or Pressure Reducing Valve will need to be fitted by a registered plumber.
All Triumph Taps are made from DZR Brass: Dezincification Brass, Cu-ZN alloys containing more than 15% Zn are susceptible to delaying process called Dezincification where the selective removal of Zn leaves a relatively porous and weak layer of Cu and Cu oxide. Corrosion of a similar nature continues beneath the primary corrosion layer resulting in gradual replacement of sound brass by weak, porous copper. Unless arrested this corrosion mechanism eventually penetrates the metal, weakening it structurally and allowing liquids to leak through the porous mass.
The warranty may be affected under the following conditions:
- Water conditions which do not meet the department of waters affairs quality conditions for potable water as defined in SANS 241: 2005
- Products which are not installed by the relevant registered/accredited installer.
Except as described above, this warranty does not cover defects or damage due to normal wear and tear at the locality of the installation, improper installation, alteration without prior written consent, accident, acts of god, misuse, abuse, commercial or industrial use of a product not approved by MacNeil, failure to follow our pre-delivery instructions or owner's manual, or repairs made or attempted by anyone other than an authorized representative of MacNeil. Alteration includes, but is not limited to, any component or plumbing change, or electrical conversion